Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ole! Ole!


The Mexican set has always been my favorite choice for cheap eats, and quick treats. Ole! Ole! is no exception with good food at a cheap price. When I think of Ole! Ole!, I always think of 21st and Burnside as a little joint around the corner. As a Portland State student, I found myself disappointed by all the subpar options on campus for cheap food (I can’t suffer through one more day of subway and neither should you). I found myself at a loss and started wandering, well it paid off; that little Mexican place around the corner is located just a few blocks north of campus at 1235 SW Jefferson. This location also has a full bar for when a shot of tequila at lunch is the saving grace, if the daily grind gets a little too loud. (We are students, and a little levity is encouraged!) Five bucks for almost any burrito on the menu is incredible because I swear they spend that much on what is stuffed in your burrito. Sides are also available at two bucks a pop for rice and beans or $1.50 for killer tacos, are available if you’re looking to get beyond full. The nachos rock too. I think you get it, I recommend the place; eat a burrito. On the other hand, if you don’t like Mexican food, are overly critical of everything on the planet, or are just tired of burrito culture… don’t go.

-Lance

1 comment: